The environment just around the corner
Commitment to the environment must be long-term. It must be based on the genuine conviction and willingness of all employees. This is how it is at Autotube. Our operations are located just a stone’s throw from ski trails and golf courses, or five minutes from the beaches where we spend time with our families. So, anything less than that is unthinkable. Our commitment to the environment is more than just lip service.
The work to achieve a sustainable environment and future is also a question of economy, quality and profitability for our customers and for us. With efficient production, there is minimal waste of materials and lower costs as a result. We also strive to utilize production technology where no waste is deposited. In other words, all waste should be reused, recycled or converted to energy. That is why we are affiliated with REPA (trade and industry’s system for the recycling of packages) and Konceptet Deponifri (Stena’s complete solution for environmentally sound waste management). Of course, we also have ISO 14001 certification.
Our quality and environmental work is supported by our proprietary approach, CleanP. It is a design tool that helps minimize non-value adding processes and environmental impact. This is achieved through:
- Clean Process. The use of controlled processes, without using methods involving chemicals, surface treatment, soldering, washing, etc.
- Clean Product. Clean manufacturing steps result in clean products. Products with low weight have less environmental impact during their life cycle.
- Clean Process Flow. Minimizing the number of operations. Fewer transports. Optimized process flows. Shorter lead times. Greater flexibility. Less tied-up capital.
- Clean Product Quality. Fewer operations and controlled processes reduces the risk of error. Less transports means lower risk of accidents or handling damage.
- Clean Plant. A clean work environment is a better work environment.
- Clean Planet. Products that weigh less and shorter process flows contribute to a better environment.
- Clean Profit. In the end, it should all lead to higher profit, both for us and our customers.